How to port it to localhost

Dec 10, 2009 at 4:31 PM
Edited Dec 16, 2009 at 3:26 PM

I have a few quirks while trying to port it over IIS 5.1 on XP for local testing.

I rebuilded the MCVcrud.dll in order to get access to Javascript libraries in Script folder not relative to root /Script.  That works with /myapp/Scripts/

What would be the proper configuration tom make it work with IIS and SQLExpress with authentication?  

Thanks,
Claude

Coordinator
Dec 17, 2009 at 7:38 AM

MVCCrud should not affect how you get it to run in IIS and SQL Express, it inherits and extends the built in .Net MVC classes so you would go about it same as any normal MVC app.  Here is a tutorial for IIS 6 from Phil Haack.  It is very similar to IIS 5.1, I have used it on XP and IIS 5.1 without a problem.  I normally go for the extension-less URLs approach he mentions later in the article.

http://haacked.com/archive/2008/11/26/asp.net-mvc-on-iis-6-walkthrough.aspx

Also make sure you are including local copies of the system.web.mvc and mvccrud dlls.

As for sql express, I just use a normal data context setup as you would any normal .Net MVC app.  Then use the LinqToSqlRepository.

If you can give me more information or a specific question maybe I can be of more help.

Regards

Matt

Dec 18, 2009 at 4:02 PM
Thanks Matt,

I modified the root path for the j slibraries since my virtual directory does have the root level at the IIS level so instead of  /Scripts I use /myapp/Scripts.

I added a callback to the grid for now it is harcoded in the  IQueryable<TModel> , but I would like to pass it dynamically. Don't know yet how to do it. nor for the extraGridSettings parameters.

public string callback = "gridSetup";
inthe rendergrid method I included the following js parameter.
loadComplete: {11}, // calls custom grid function

I ma using Windows authentication and would like to implement specific authorization for edit and/or view.

Very nice project. it is just a bit complex for me since I am at beginner level.

Thanks again,

Claude

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 3:38 AM, mchood <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

MVCCrud should not affect how you get it to run in IIS and SQL Express, it inherits and extends the built in .Net MVC classes so you would go about it same as any normal MVC app.  Here is a tutorial for IIS 6 from Phil Haack.  It is very similar to IIS 5.1, I have used it on XP and IIS 5.1 without a problem.  I normally go for the extension-less URLs approach he mentions later in the article.

http://haacked.com/archive/2008/11/26/asp.net-mvc-on-iis-6-walkthrough.aspx

Also make sure you are including local copies of the system.web.mvc and mvccrud dlls.

As for sql express, I just use a normal data context setup as you would any normal .Net MVC app.  Then use the LinqToSqlRepository.

If you can give me more information or a specific question maybe I can be of more help.

Regards

Matt

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (mvccrud@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email mvccrud@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Claude Bérubé, PMP
claude.berube@gmail.com
514-529-0338