VS 2010 MVC2 Issue

Jun 16, 2010 at 3:45 AM

Curious Question.

I had created a solution in VS 2008 using MVC Crud that worked just great.  I had multiple pages with multiple grids, using LINQ TO SQL working just fine.

I recently loaded up VS 2010 and let it convert the solution.  I'm assuming it took it to MVC2.   I also just rebuilt my machine so there was no left over MVC SDK type information hanging around.

The conversion seemed to go just fine as well.   After the conversion, I did a build, and the build succeeded successfully with no errors.

I fired up cassini and brought up my site.  Everythnig seemed fine except when I went to the pages with the jgrid on them.

The grid seemed to instantiate, i.e. I can see the header and footer bands, but I get no data.

I did a bit of debugging and the database and LINQ TO SQL dbml looks like it is working.

My question is:  Why am I not getting any data back after the conversion to a VS 2010 MVC2 solution?

Got any ideas?

Thanks in Advance.

Jun 16, 2010 at 4:01 AM
I believe jQgrid is not yet ported to MVC2.  It might be a jQuery version bug since MVC2 uses jQuery1.4.

You should look into Firebug to see if you receive any data back from the back-end.

Claude

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 10:45 PM, bcox <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Curious Question.

I had created a solution in VS 2008 using MVC Crud that worked just great.  I had multiple pages with multiple grids, using LINQ TO SQL working just fine.

I recently loaded up VS 2010 and let it convert the solution.  I'm assuming it took it to MVC2.   I also just rebuilt my machine so there was no left over MVC SDK type information hanging around.

The conversion seemed to go just fine as well.   After the conversion, I did a build, and the build succeeded successfully with no errors.

I fired up cassini and brought up my site.  Everythnig seemed fine except when I went to the pages with the jgrid on them.

The grid seemed to instantiate, i.e. I can see the header and footer bands, but I get no data.

I did a bit of debugging and the database and LINQ TO SQL dbml looks like it is working.

My question is:  Why am I not getting any data back after the conversion to a VS 2010 MVC2 solution?

Got any ideas?

Thanks in Advance.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (mvccrud@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email mvccrud@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Claude Bérubé, PMP
claude.berube@gmail.com
514-529-0338
Jun 16, 2010 at 8:44 AM

I have used MVCCrud in an MVC2 application, but that was still in VS08 and MVC1 was probably still lurking around.  I do not yet have a copy of VS10 (combination of living in Zimbabwe and busy on almost done products which people dont want ported over yet).  But will get hold of a copy asap and have a look.

If you are getting the grid but no data, then the ajax request made to GridData action result is throwing an exception or returning no data.  As mentioned above best bet is to use FireBug (in FireFox) and check the ajax POST and response to see what the error is.  Else dl the example and source code and test that with VS10 and break on the GridData action result.

I will have a look at this as soon as I have a chance, but will probably only be over the weekend.  I also have a new version I havent uploaded with a number of bug fixes and improvements but nothing that should affect this.

If you do stumble across the reason please let me know so I can patch it up asap.